Training courses are provided at our Centre as well as being offered on site within schools, colleges, health and social service centres etc. We also provide a range of training courses and workshops for local voluntary organisations and support groups.
SPECTRUM PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAMME
This course is run over a six week period - one session per week - and introduces the parents and carers of children newly diagnosed as having and Autistic Spectrum Disorder to a better understanding of working with and supporting those with this diagnosis.
OTHER PARENT AND PROFESSIONAL TOPICS INCLUDE:
- DIAGNOSIS AUTISTIC SPECTRUM DISORDER - WHAT NEXT?
- BEHAVIOURS THAT CHALLENGE: PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- ASD IN THE CLASSROOM: MAKING INCLUSION WORK
- DEVELOPING SOCIAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- ASD: MAKING THE ABSTRACT CONCRETE
- ASD: WHERE DOES MY CHILD FIT
- TEENAGERS WITH ASD: SEX, DRUGS AND ROCK & ROLL!
- ASD AND MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
- AUTISTIC SPECTRUM DISORDER: DEVELOPING PLAY SKILLS
- SUPPORTING ADULTS WITH A DIAGNOSIS OF ASD
- AUTISTIC SPECTRUM - A STRUCTURED APPROACH TO INTERVENTION
- SUPPORTING STUDENTS WITH A DIAGNOSIS OF ASD IN FURTHER EDUCATION
DEVELOPING FRIENDSHIP SKILLS
This programme, for individuals with a diagnosis of ASD focuses on teaching the skills of social interaction and communication necessary to promote friendship.
CALL US NOW TO BOOK ANY OF THE ABOVE!